# 7 Molloy Field Hockey Blanks, 2-0
Crowe has scored three goals in the last four games, all winners. (PHOTO BY Mary Gettens)
SEAFORD, NY (October 9, 2021) – Stonehill College, ranked 7th in this week’s Penn Monto / National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) Division II poll, dominated from start to finish on Saturday, taking their 10th win of the season and eighth in Northeastern Conference-10 Field hockey game at Cedar Creek this afternoon.
STO – Claudia Crowe – 22:14
STO – Raegan Hickey (Emma Mawn) – 47:07
STO: Abigail Campbell (60:00) 1 save, 0 goal conceded
MOL: Kelsey Price (60:00) 6 saves 2 goals against
Strokes: Stonehill 23, Molloy 1
Penalty wedges: Stonehill 19, Molloy 0
- The Skyhawks controlled most of the offense that day while securing their fifth shutout of the season.
- With the win, the Skyhawks will end with double-digit wins for the eighth consecutive season dating back to 2013.
- Stonehill’s 23 shots tied for the team’s second most shots this season and marked the fourth game with over 20 shots and the second in a row.
Hickey scored his eighth goal of the season for the team for the Skyhawks. (PHOTO BY Matt Campbell)
Second year Claudia crowe notched his fourth goal of the season and also the fourth for the winning variety. Her four game-winning goals share the NE10 lead and she has the two game-winning goals this week and has one point in four straight games.
- Second year Raegan Hickey’s the insurance goal in the fourth quarter was his eighth of the season, the Skyhawks’ highest and tied for third in the conference this year
- Senior Abigail Campbell faced a shot, making a save in Stonehill’s cage for his fourth shutout of the season.
- First-year student Kelsey Award made his second start of the season for Molloy, making six saves that day, one short of his season record last time around.
Stonehill (10-2, 8-1 NE10) returns to action Wednesday when he hosts No.3-ranked Assumption University for a key NE10 game at WB Mason Stadium at 7 p.m. Molloy (0-8, 0 -6 NE10) welcomes Collège Saint Thomas d’Aquin on Thursday at 4 p.m.
For the latest news on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media at Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks “Front Row” mobile application, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.