Floyd Mayweather issues ultimatum over postponed exhibition fight

Mayweather has issued an ultimatum over his postponed show claiming he will fight Don Moore this Saturday or not at all, after event organizers claimed they would hold the event in October.

Video loading

Video unavailable

Floyd Mayweather brags he won $100 million for ‘fake fight’

Floyd Mayweather has confirmed he wants to move forward with plans to stage his exhibition fight this Saturday – or he won’t fight at all.

The boxing legend was due to face Don Moore last weekend at the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai, but the event was canceled following the death of UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed. Mayweather initially claimed the fight had been postponed to next Saturday, but organizers released a contradictory statement saying the event could be delayed until October.

Mayweather has now reportedly issued an ultimatum to event organizers, stating, “Either I box on Saturday or I don’t come.” The Coca Cola Arena, which was due to host a boxing event this weekend regardless, is expected to stage the fight.

Muslim tradition calls for a 40-day mourning period in the United Arab Emirates following the president’s death, with a three-day work suspension preventing the fight from taking place last weekend. All involved fighters on the map remain close to the site except for Delfine Persoon who flew to Belgium after hearing the news.

However, she now plans to return to compete on the card with her promoter Filiep Tampere providing an update on the situation. “They tell me that the camp will continue one hundred percent,” Tampere said. “But I’m not so sure. Who knows, maybe we’ll be there and Mekhaled won’t be there.

“It’s really not normal. Let’s hope everything will be fine, because it would be a shame if Delfine lost this unique opportunity. Fortunately, we don’t have to start working again until Monday.”

Are you going to watch Floyd Mayweather’s final exhibition against Don Moore? Let us know in the comments section below







Floyd Mayweather will face Don Moore
(

Picture:

Getty Images)


The event is now scheduled to take place on Saturday, with Mayweather headlining the event against sparring partner Moore. UFC legend Anderson Silva is expected to remain the co-feature on the card when he takes on Bruno Machado. Mayweather claimed he could earn up to nine figures for his delayed boxing showcase against Moore and the undefeated star even revealed he was paid $1million to attend a press conference to promote the event .

Future rival Moore has worked with Mayweather throughout his career, including when the pair held an open training session in 2015. The 42-year-old believes he is capable of giving Mayweather problems after he worked with the legend’s uncle Jeff throughout his career in the sport.

“These workouts, every time we practiced, everyone was gripped, they couldn’t wait to see it,” Moore told The Sun. “It was always competitive, Floyd always had a problem with me and as everyone knows Roger coached Floyd, but he also coached Don. I’m the underdog and I’ve worked hard with Floyd before, we’ve already traded rounds, punch after punch. I went beyond the call of duty to prepare him for more fights.”

Read more

Read more

Comments are closed.