I was savagely beaten by an online date as he left me for dead on the side of the road


A battered woman has slammed Greater Manchester Police for failing to act for SIX weeks after being dragged out of a car and assaulted before being abandoned by her date.

The victim gave the suspect’s name and contact details to police after being assaulted in Worsley, Salford, by a man she had met online.


The woman was reportedly dragged out of a car and repeatedly beatenCredit: MEN Media
She had already gone out with friends and her date before the incident


She had already gone out with friends and her date before the incidentCredit: MEN Media

She had partied with friends before meeting the man and was hospitalized with serious facial injuries after being repeatedly punched.

The 36-year-old informed GMP of the incident and gave them the suspect’s name – but officers have yet to take action six weeks after the horrific incident.

She was questioned by South Yorkshire Police after going to her parents’ home to recover and filed a formal complaint with GMP.

A GMP chief has now apologized to her for the delays in the case and promised that a senior officer would contact the victim.

The woman was assaulted after meeting friends for drinks at a Worsley bar on September 17.

She had traveled with them from her home in Cheshire and had also invited the man she had spoken to online.

Speaking to MEN, she said: “He had asked me for a date the previous Tuesday. But I canceled the day before.

“Then I told him I was going to be at that rally in Worsley and said to meet us there.

“The evening went well. I had a few drinks and he had a couple. He had booked a hotel there but at the end of the night he said he would drive me home and my friends were driving home in another car.

“We left the place and went to walk to his car. He said he couldn’t find it. We had to spend 15 minutes looking for it. Did you put your car in?

“He told me to take an Uber. I said, ‘No, the least you can do is take me home. What kind of person leaves a girl alone at 2:30 in the morning in Salford?'”

Eventually, the couple found the car and got into the vehicle, but after a short drive, their date became aggressive and told him to get out of the car.

She said: “I was on the phone with my friend telling her we were coming home and he was being rude to her.

“He stopped the car and was trying to grab my legs. Then he grabbed my hair. I got out of the car and said, ‘What the hell are you doing?’

I want to make it clear that we do not take reports of this nature lightly, and a senior officer will be in contact with the victim today.

Superintendent Shaun Donnellan

“He then punched me several times in the face. He punched me again when I was on the ground. My skin was broken.

“In my book, it was GBH. He then left and I was desperate because my phone was still charging in his car.”

She was dumped at the entrance to Broadoak Park Garden Center around 3 a.m. and heard her phone ringing in the street moments later.

The victim then managed to call a buddy who returned to rescue her and took selfies of her injuries.

She said: “I’m embarrassed. I should have done better than hopping in a car with a man I don’t know.

“In the end, I made some bad decisions. But I don’t think I took into account the seriousness of it all at first.

“It wasn’t until recently that I realized how horrible it was.”

A week after the alleged attack, the victim claims her date called her to ask if she was okay.


She added: “He said his actions were in self-defense. I said what? You dragged me out of the car in the middle of the night.

“He said he had never put his finger on anyone. I told him he would hear from the police.”

A friend told him that after the alleged incident, the same man chatted with another woman in a streaming room.

The victim traveled to her parents’ home in Yorkshire to recover from the ordeal and spoke about the incident to South Yorkshire Police.

She said: “I checked later and found out that GMP received this telephone interview on September 23. Since then nothing has happened.

“It was soul destroying. I was ready to let it go because I was sick of the police doing nothing. I lost all confidence in them.”

The woman has since filed a formal complaint with GMP and was taken into care by her ex-husband following the attack.

He stayed with her at Royal Salford Hospital and later at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport on the night of the attack.

He said: “She admits that she made some fundamental mistakes during the night.

“But this man dragged her out of a car and kicked her ten bells and left her in the middle of Salford, then taunted her with a phone call, and the next day was again on dating sites talking to other women.


“I am appalled at the police response. My ex is a lovely, wonderful person. She is not aggressive and for this to happen is heartbreaking.

“She would never provoke anyone. I think the police were negligent and most of all I want this guy arrested.

“The police called her today and told her they were still waiting for her to make a statement.

“She made a statement on September 21st, on numerous calls they confirmed they had that statement and now they say no.

“If they lost the statement, why didn’t they contact her for another statement?”

Chief Superintendent Shaun Donnellan of GMP’s Salford Division said: “First of all I would like to say that it was an absolutely horrible experience for the victim.

“She was assaulted after meeting friends at a party, which is totally unacceptable and not something anyone should be subjected to.

“While we initially attempted to visit the victim in the hospital, she unfortunately left before the police appeared.

“We have since worked with colleagues in South Yorkshire to get in touch with the victim where she was staying with her parents.

“In the process of transferring the crime to GMP there were delays and we sincerely apologize for it.

“I want to make it clear that we do not take reports of this nature lightly, and a senior officer will be in contact with the victim today.”

She ended up with serious bruises on her face


She ended up with serious bruises on her faceCredit: MEN Media
A friend drove to save her after she was abandoned in the middle of the road


A friend drove to save her after she was abandoned in the middle of the roadCredit: MEN Media

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.